Skip to main content
Self-Storage News Magazine
Member Press Release
Ask The Experts
Office Depot Discount
Board of Directors
Committees and Task Forces
Benefits of Membership
Locate a Member Facility
Pay My Dues
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Self-Storage Legal Seminar Austin
Have you ever asked yourself these questions?
- A husband and wife rented a unit together, but now they’re getting divorced. Who does the unit belong to?
- I have a tenant that is loitering around the facility all day, going in and out of their unit. What can I do to get him out of here?
- My tenant has not paid in a year. That means they’ve abandoned their unit, right?
Are you sure what the right thing to do is? The Legal Seminar is the place for you to get answers from TSSA’s legal counsel for your business issues and to find that peace of mind. Connie Heyer (TSSA Legal Counsel) will provide an in-depth review of the Texas lien law and discuss operational issues and best practices that can keep you out of legal trouble.
Who Should Attend
- New Managers and District Managers who need training on the Texas lien law
- Seasoned Managers and Regional Managers who want to brush up on their knowledge of self-storage laws
- Owners of single or multiple facilities who are involved in the day-to-day operations
- Anyone who has a legal question for TSSA's Legal Counsel, Connie Heyer
Real Estate License Holders: Earn five (5) hours of elective Continuing Education from the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
Course Number: 33711
Provider Name: Texas Self Storage Associaton, Inc.
Provider Number: 0131
Check-in Begins: 8:00 am
Seminar Start Time: 9:00 am
Lunch (provided): 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Seminar End Time: 3:00 pm
Overview of the NEW 2018-2019 Goldbook
Overview of Lien Law & Foreclosure Process
Regular foreclosure process
Vehicle & boat foreclosure process
Auction do’s & don’ts
Operational Issues and Best Practices
Understanding the TSSA lease
Tenant Records and Privacy Issues
Dealing with Law Enforcement
Guidelines for Break-ins
New Credit Card laws
Legal Q&A with Connie Heyer
Early Bird Rates (Now through Friday, May 4)
TSSA Member : First attendee: $169 | Addt'l attendee (same company): $149
Non Member : $269
Regular Rates (May 5 through May 18)
TSSA Member : First attendee: $189 | Addt'l attendee (same company): $169
Non Member : $289
Registrations cancelled in writing up by May 8 will receive a refund minus a $50 fee. You may send a replacement. However, no-shows will not be refunded.
Hotel Room Reservations
Staying in Austin overnight?
Reserve a room
at the Marriott Austin South. $149 per night.
5/18/2018 - 5/18/2018
Austin Marriott South
4415 S. IH 35
Austin, TX 78744 United States
Create a new account