Skip to main content
TSSA Rental Agreements
Ask The Experts
Self-Storage News Magazine
Submit a Press Release
Natural Disaster Relief
Board of Directors
Committees and Task Forces
2020 Virtual Exhibit Hall
2020 Virtual Exhibit Hall
Benefits of Membership
Locate a Member Facility
Pay My Dues
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Self-Storage Legal Seminar Houston
Have you ever asked yourself these questions?
- A husband and wife rented a unit together, but now they’re getting divorced. Who does the unit belong to?
- I have a tenant that is loitering around the facility all day, going in and out of their unit. What can I do to get him out of here?
- My tenant has not paid in a year. That means they’ve abandoned their unit, right?
Are you sure what the right thing to do is?
The Legal Seminar is the place for you to get answers from TSSA’s legal counsel for your business issues and to find that peace of mind. Connie Heyer (TSSA Legal Counsel) will provide an in-depth review of the Texas lien law and discuss operational issues and best practices that can keep you out of legal trouble.
Who Should Attend
- New Managers and District Managers who need training on the Texas lien law
- Seasoned Managers and Regional Managers who want to brush up on their knowledge of self-storage laws
- Owners of single or multiple facilities who are involved in the day-to-day operations
- Anyone who has a legal question for TSSA's Legal Counsel, Connie Heyer
Real Estate License Holders: Earn five (5) hours of elective Continuing Education from the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
Course Number: 35679
Provider Name: Texas Self Storage Association, Inc.
Provider Number: 0131
Check-in Begins: 8:00 am
Seminar Start Time: 9:00 am
Lunch (provided): 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Seminar End Time: 3:00 pm
Seminar Agenda (morning)
-Overview of the 2018-2019 Goldbook
-Overview of Lien Law & Foreclosure Process
Regular foreclosure process
Vehicle & boat foreclosure process
Auction dos & don’ts
Seminar Agenda (afternoon)
-Operational Issues and Best Practices
Understanding the TSSA lease
Tenant Records and Privacy Issues
Dealing with Law Enforcement
Guidelines for Break-ins
New Credit Card laws
-Legal Q&A with Connie Heyer
Early Bird Rates (Now through Friday, January 11)
TSSA Member : First attendee: $179 | Addt'l attendee (same company): $159
Non Member : $279
Regular Rates (January 12-25)
TSSA Member : First attendee: $199 | Addt'l attendee (same company): $179
Non Member : $299
Registrations cancelled in writing up by January 15 will receive a refund minus a $50 fee. You may send a replacement. However, no-shows will not be refunded.
Hotel Room Reservations
Staying in Houston overnight?
Reserve a room
at Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria
Room Rate: $137 (Hotel Cutoff: Thursday, January 10)
Self-parking Rate: $18
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
Bellomy & Co.
OMC Gate Service Company
1/25/2019 - 1/25/2019
Marriott West Loop By The Galleria
1750 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027 United States
Create a new account